Visit the new Taiwan Hall of Fame at the International Museum of Surgical Science in Chicago to celebrate Taiwan’s outstanding contributions to global health and medicine! Through engaging videos, displays of hand-crafted artwork, cultural artifacts and antique medical tools, you can:
• Meet Taiwanese medical luminaries and discover their ground-breaking achievements in fields ranging from organ transplantation to emergency medicine;
• Learn about the accomplishments of the International College of Surgeons, Taiwan Section and other prestigious medical organizations and institutions in Taiwan;
• Get an update from Taiwan’s Department of Health on the country’s ongoing efforts to improve the health of its people, including the world-renowned National Health Insurance system;
• See how health statistics from Taiwan measure up to other countries and track the nation’s initiatives to enhance health abroad by mapping its international medical collaborations;
• Immerse yourself in the rich heritage of the island archipelago Portuguese sailors called Formosa, meaning “beautiful;” and
• Explore the unique combination of traditional herbal medicine, folk remedies, and Western medical technology that led to the advanced healthcare services available in Taiwan today.
On display through 2018, this exhibit is presented by the International College of Surgeons, Taiwan Section and made possible by the generous support of the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan).