The International Museum of Surgical Science supports a commitment to contemporary art and artists through exhibitions and programs that use the frame of contemporary artistic practice to examine new perspectives in surgical science and our relationship to the body.
The Museum continuously seeks artwork for its rotating exhibition program, “Anatomy in the Gallery,” which addresses the themes of anatomy, disease/wellness, disability and other medical issues.
Individual artists and artist groups are encouraged to apply.
The International Museum of Surgical Science does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
There is non-refundable $30.00 Application Fee for all applications.
How to Apply:
Required Application Materials:
- Exhibition Application Top Sheet (Download Here)
- 1-10 Examples of Work in any medium
- Images should be attached in .JPG, .TIFF or .PDF format; time-based media should be attached in .MOV or .MP4 format
- Files should be numbered 1 – 10 and will correspond with a Works List including titles, medium, etc.
- Multiple images documenting a single work (for performance, installation, etc.) are not to exceed 3 images.
- Time-based media examples, including video, are not to exceed 5 cumulative minutes.
- Writing examples are not to exceed 10 cumulative pages of text.
- Works List
- Works should appear on this list sequentially and correspond numerically with the Examples of Work.
- Each entry on the works list should include a (1) Title, (2) Medium, (3) Year of Production.
- Entries may be accompanied by explanatory/supplemental text not exceeding 50 words per work example.
- C.V. or Résumé
- Artist Statement (500 words maximum)
|Applying Electronically||Applying by Mail|
|Please send application materials as attachments to:
Subject Line: Exhibition Application
|Please send application materials on a CD or USB Drive to:
| The $30.00 Application Fee can be paid online through the IMSS gift-shop using this link:
|The $30.00 Application Fee should be included with your parcel as a check payable to International College of Surgeons.
This Application Fee is Non-Refundable
Please direct any questions not addressed above to firstname.lastname@example.org