The International Museum of Surgical Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, age or ability in admission, access to or employment in our programs and activities.
The International Museum of Surgical Science reviews qualified applications for posted job opportunities only. The Museum does not accept unsolicited employment emails or phone calls.
Front Desk Assistant (Part-time, Contractor)
Reporting to the International Museum of Surgical Science (IMSS) Operations Manager, the Front Desk Assistant is a key player in all public-facing operations of the Museum. The Assistant will facilitate the front desk operations of the Museum, including selling admission tickets, gift shop items and being an ambassador for the Museum. Additional tasks include marketing, outreach and other duties as assigned. Weekends and some evenings required.
- Daily operation of the front desk: greeting visitors, accepting payments, handling gift shop merchandise, assisting with wayfinding and customer service
- Opening and closing Museum, conducting daily deposits and daily bank counts
- Conducting gift shop inventory counts, restocking and arranging gift shop presentation
- Assisting with Museum marketing and outreach
- Staffing special events, handling caterers and outside vendors, greeting guests
- Additional tasks as needed
- One to three (1-3) years of professional experience in visitor service or museum setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Experience in customer service, handling cash and processing payments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications, word processing, and Internet
- Appreciation for the role of culture, history, science and art in society
- Self-starter, honesty, integrity, outgoing, dependable, enthusiasm, team player, follow through and commitment, time efficient, attention to detail, organization, self-confidence and broad-based customer service experience
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with goals in mind
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Michelle Rinard, Operations Manager.