The International Museum of Surgical Science reviews qualified applications for posted job opportunities only. The Museum does not accept unsolicited employment emails or phone calls.
Visitor and Development Assistant
Posted February 7, 2019
The Visitor and Development Assistant is a part-time, permanent position; weekends, some evenings and holidays are required. Weekly schedule is: Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am – 5:30pm, plus one to two weekdays depending on available schedule. The Assistant reports to the Museum’s Manager of Education and Events. Desired start date is March 1, 2019.
Compensation: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
The Assistant contributes to the operational and visitor growth by staffing the admissions desk and gift shop during assigned shifts. Additional tasks include conducting outreach and research for education, events, programs and exhibition development. The ideal candidate is outgoing, highly motivated and hardworking, with great attention to detail and ambition to work independently. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required. An ideal candidate demonstrates successful goal completion and proves to be a key player in the Museum’s operations and growth.
Job requirements include:
- Facilitating the front desk
- Conducting visitor, programming, education and events outreach
- Assisting with development research and outreach
- Staffing after hours programs and events
- Additional tasks as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in progress or graduated) in related field preferred
- 1+ years previous experience working in museum or non-profit setting preferred
- Previous experience with customer service/handling payments
- Time efficient, organized, dependable, a team player and detail oriented
- Outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with success
To Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls. Background check required.