The International Museum of Surgical Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, age or ability in admission, access to or employment in our programs and activities.
The International Museum of Surgical Science reviews qualified applications for posted job opportunities only. The Museum does not accept unsolicited employment emails or phone calls.
Visitor Services Assistant (Part-time)
Date of Hire: March 2021
The Visitor Services Assistant is a key player in all public-facing operations of the Museum. The Assistant will facilitate the front desk operations of the Museum, including selling admission tickets, gift shop items, and being an ambassador for the Museum. Additional tasks include marketing, fundraising, outreach, event coordination, and other duties as assigned. Weekends and some evenings required. The person in this role may have the opportunity to move into full-time employment.
- Daily operations of the front desk, including opening and closing the Museum, customer service interactions, and handling merchandise and payments.
- Assisting with Museum marketing, fundraising, and outreach, particularly through social media
- Staffing special events, coordinating caterers and outside vendors, greeting guests
- Additional tasks as needed
- One to three (1-3) years of professional experience in visitor service or museum setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Experience in customer service, handling cash, and processing payments
- Self-starter, outgoing, dependable, enthusiastic, team player, time efficient, multitasker, creative, motivated, possesses follow-through and commitment, attention to detail, organization, self-confidence and broad-based customer service experience
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with goals in mind
- $14.00 per hour
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, Attn: Miranda Pettengill, Manager of Education and Events.