The International Museum of Surgical Science reviews qualified applications for posted job opportunities only. The Museum does not accept unsolicited employment emails or phone calls.
Programming Development and Marketing Assistant
The International Museum of Surgical Science is looking to fill the position of Programming Development and Marketing Assistant. The Assistant is a full-time position at 40+ hours per week; weekends and evenings are required. The Programming Development and Marketing Assistant reports to the Museum’s Manager of Education and Events.
The Main duties for the Programming Development and Marketing Assistant position include but are not limited to: researching and implementing marketing and development strategies for the Museum admissions, events and programs, including donor fundraising. The Assistant will spearhead new Museum initiatives and contribute to the operational and visitor growth. The Assistant will also be required to manage the Museum admissions desk and gift shop during assigned shifts. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and hardworking, with great attention to detail and ambition to work independently. Excellent customer service and intrapersonal skills are required. A successful candidate will demonstrate successful goal completion and prove to be a key player in the Museum’s growth.
Main job requirements include:
- Assisting with ongoing marketing campaigns, including design, implementation and sustainability.
- Sustaining public relations for the Museum.
- Initiating a Corporate Giving program and Annual Fund drive.
- Managing the Museum’s social media accounts and ads.
- Managing the Museum Membership program.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, public relations, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- ~3 years previous experience working in museum or non-profit development, public relations or marketing.
- Previous experience with customer service/handling payments.
- A proven track record of making sales and client relationships.
- A social media, marketing or development/fundraising portfolio.
- Demonstrated graphic design experience preferred.
- Time efficient, organized, dependable, team player, detail oriented.
- Outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite.
Please submit: Resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional portfolio materials encouraged. No phone calls. Background check required.