Housed in what was historically the study, the Thorek Manuscripts and Rare Books Collection consists of over 1,000 rare texts, spans over 1,200 years of history and over 500 feet of shelving! The Library itself represents the most in-tact and historically accurate room in the museum, most closely resembling the mansion’s original floor-plan and architectural details. The bulk of the library was donated to the Museum by its founder, Dr. Max Thorek in the early 1950s, and was one of the inaugural “exhibits” when the Museum opened in 1954.
The Museum may open the library to students and scholars working at the collegiate level, with a highly articulated research focus. General interest will not warrant access. Please email email@example.com for more information.